Job Postings Please email job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Black MBA Association
The National Black MBA Association’s (NBMBAA) mission is to lead in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for African Americans. One of its primary services is the continuous delivery of unparalleled professional development opportunities.
The NBMBAA tagline “Empowering Visionaries” exemplifies the drive and determination to be the best service-provider to our corporate and educational partners. We hold the world’s largest African American Career Fair, for employment opportunities partnering with Fortune 500 Companies, to leverage the opportunity to engage a diverse workforce.
Founded in 1972, NBMBAA has expanded its outreach to 44 National Chapters and 27 Collegiate Chapters.
The National Black MBA Association is a great place to work embracing the efficiencies of advanced technology, innovative products and unlimited opportunity. With more than 100,000 MBA’s around the world, the opportunity for growth is phenomenal. This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated professional looking for a challenge and ready for change. Join a winning team and discover what National Black MBA Association has to offer.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accounts payable function including accurate and timely posting of invoices to the general ledger, processing expense reports, liability account reconciliation, monthly and annual closing. Ensure accounts payables procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. This position will have frequent interaction with internal and external customers.
• Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
• Maintains all vendor contracts for proper payment and timing of vendors and consultants
• Reviews all purchase order requisitions. Attaches the corresponding purchase orders/supporting documentation to incoming invoices
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries regarding the processing of invoices, account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
• Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures
• Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
• Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
• Assist with the monthly close process, including researching and resolving any A/P related inquiries
• Monthly and quarterly reconciliation of selected General ledger accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
• Assist with preparing audit schedules for the external audit
• Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports
• Performs other duties as required to support Business Services Department
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
• 2-3 years accounts payable and/or general accounting experience
• Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains v10 system experience and Microsoft Excel a must
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task and follow up on pending issues
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Adept at Microsoft office tools
In addition to above, the following qualities will make the Staff Accountant most successful:
• Supportive in assisting CFO in achieving departmental goals;
• Assertive in establishing accountability;
• High degree of personal integrity;
• Somewhat demanding in maintaining all forms of internal controls;
• Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for the organization's mission.
Current Software: Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
NBMBAA offers a competitive industry compensation and benefits package. For consideration, please send your resume to:
Subject : Staff Accountant - A/P